Weekly Challenge 4: Make the Sale: Build, Launch, and Manage E-commerce Stores
Engage customers with an online store
1. What is personalization?
- The practice of delivering a customized experience for each customer
2. Which are the personalization options for rewards programs? Select all that apply.
- Free birthday gift
- Discount code for signing up
- Reward for referral
3. When can a customer enter the checkout process?
- After they add an item to their shopping cart
4. What is a point-of-sale (POS) system?
- Software that allows a business to process payment transactions from customers online
5. Why do online customers abandon their shopping carts? Select all that apply.
- They are just browsing.
- The shipping fees are too high.
- The shipping fees are too high.
6. Consider the following scenario:
A customer is in the process of purchasing several clothing items at an online retailer. As they review their cart, they notice a disclaimer in small print next to each item. It reads: “All sales final. No exchanges. No refunds.” Disappointed in learning this store policy, the customer decides to navigate to another online store, abandoning the items in their cart.
What store policy caused the customer to abandon their cart?
- Returns policy
7. What is order fulfillment?
- Steps that take place between receiving an order and delivering the order to the customer
8. What are the disadvantages of in-house fulfillment?
- Requires a significant amount of time and effort, enough space to store products, and enough staff to fulfill the orders
9. Fill in the blank: _____ is when products are shipped from the supplier directly to the customer.
10. What are the benefits of using a fulfillment service? Select all that apply.
- Frees up time for the e-commerce business
- Provides faster shipping if there are multiple locations
11. A marketer plans to engage customers online by personalizing the customer experience. What should they do to achieve this goal?
- Deliver an online experience that is similar to an in-store experience
12. A marketer plans to engage customers by offering a rewards program. What is the goal of this e-commerce practice?
- Encourage repeat purchases by offering customers incentives
13. Which types of transactions can some point-of-sell (POS) systems process? Select all that apply.
14. How can a marketer encourage customers to complete a purchase and not abandon their carts?
- Offer free shipping and no unexpected fees
15. Fill in the blank: Website errors cause doubt and a lack of trust in the customer’s mind, resulting in _____.
- cart abandonment
16. An e-commerce company uses a separate business to store its inventory. The business conducts the order fulfillment process and ensures that orders are packaged and delivered to customers. What action did the company take?
- They hired a fulfillment service.
17. What is the advantage of in-house order fulfillment for an e-commerce brand?
- The brand can use custom packaging that suits the brand.
18. An e-commerce business considers the best way to get its products to customers. Why would they use a fulfillment service to manage the order fulfillment process?
- It offers multiple distribution centers that enable faster delivery times.
19. Fill in the blank: One of the most important ways to engage customers and strengthen their connection to a brand is to _____ the customer experience.
20. Besides personalized recommendations, how else can an e-commerce store engage customers?
- Offer a rewards program
21. An e-commerce business plans to optimize the checkout process on its website. Which of the following recommendations should they consider to reach their goal?
- The checkout process should be fast, easy to understand, and secure.
22. An e-commerce business uses a point-of-sale (POS) system to capture payment information. What additional information might they capture at this stage? Select all that apply.
- Promotional codes
- Email signups
23. Fill in the blank: The biggest reason for cart abandonment is when the costs for _____ are too high.
- shipping or taxes
24. A marketer improves an e-commerce store’s checkout process. Which of the following steps did they likely implement?
- Optimize the checkout process for mobile devices
25. What steps are involved in the order fulfillment process? Select all that apply.
- Picking up the products from the warehouse
- Packing the products
- Shipping the package to the customer
26. What are the benefits of in-house fulfillment? Select all that apply.
- Control over the quality of the work
- Custom packaging
27. What is dropshipping?
- When products are shipped from the supplier directly to the customer.
28. Why would an e-commerce business consider using a fulfillment service instead of dropshipping?
- They own their products and would like to outsource packaging and shipping tasks.
29. How can a brand personalize its rewards program?
- Send customers gifts on their birthdays
30. An e-commerce business plans to optimize its website to reduce the number of abandoned carts. What action will help them achieve their goal?
- Offer a generous returns policy
31. An e-commerce company processes all its orders and ships packages to customers. What is this process called?
- Order fulfillment
32. Fill in the blank: Handling fulfillment _____ gives a company the most control over the quality of the work.
- in house
33. When would an e-commerce company use a dropshipping model instead of performing in-house order fulfillment?
- They do not own their inventory.
34. What strategies can an e-commerce brand use to provide personalized experiences to its customers?
- Offer product recommendations based on customers’ browsing histories or recent purchases
35. Which ways can a customer move through the checkout process? Select all that apply.
- Check out as a guest
- Sign into their account
- Create an account
36. Why do e-commerce stores use a point-of-sale (POS) system?
- To securely process online payment transactions
37. An e-commerce company does not own its inventory and is interested in shipping orders from a supplier directly to the customer. What type of fulfillment model does the e-commerce company use?
38. A marketer engages customers online by delivering a tailored experience to each customer. What e-commerce practice does this refer to?
39. Fill in the blank: Customers are more likely to buy and less likely to abandon their carts if there is ____.
- free shipping and no unexpected fees
40. When might an e-commerce company consider performing in-house order fulfillment instead of using a fulfillment service?
- They have space to store products and staff to fulfill the orders.
41. Fill in the blank: When an e-commerce store needs to fulfill an order, they can use a _____, which is a third-party company that prepares and ships orders from their fulfillment centers.
- fulfillment service
42. What is an e-commerce rewards program?
- A marketing strategy designed to build customer loyalty by providing incentives for customers to continue shopping with a brand
43. An e-commerce business uses a system to process payment transactions online. What system do they use?
- Point-of-sale (POS) system
If You want to know about "Build, Launch, and Manage E-commerce Stores", then you can visit my original Course. The Link has been provided below.